What should I do if my car is being returned to the road?

If your car is being returned to the road, you should hand over your Vehicle Registration Certificate (called "Vehicle Licensing Certificate" if issued before May 2004) along with your car.

You’ll need to notify the Department of Transport that you’ve sold your car. The recycling centre will supply you with the appropriate form and help you to fill it in.

If your car was registered since 1st January 1993 you'll be given form RF105, which you should send to the Department of Transport in Shannon.

If your car was registered before 1993, you'll be given form RF200, which you should send to your local Motor Tax Office.

Download a list of Motor Tax Offices from the Government website 

What if I don’t have my Registration Certificate? 


If you still have questions, you can find all of the answers in the following categories:

About your quote About your Car Having your car collected Dropping your car off Getting paid How the law affects you How the law affects us About CarTakeBack

Alternatively, you can search our website below:

Call Us

0818 000 208 during opening hours.

Standard call rates apply. Mobile costs may vary.

Get a Call Back

During opening hours request a call back by entering your telephone number below.
An operator will call you as soon as they become available.

Send an email to info@CarTakeBack.ie or use the form below.

It helps if you tell us your registration or reference number if you have one.
During opening hours we'll usually respond within two hours.

Chat with us online now.

Online chat is compatible with most desktop and tablet computers, and may be available outside of our usual opening hours.