Do I need to contact the Department of Transport myself?

As long as you receive a Certificate of Destruction, there's no need for you to contact the Department of Transport in Shannon.

However, if your car is to be repaired and returned to the road it's your responsibility to notify the Department of Transport.

What do I need to do if my car is being returned to the road? 


If you still have questions, you can find all of the answers in the following categories:

About your quote About your Car Having your car collected Dropping your car off Getting paid How the law affects you How the law affects us About CarTakeBack

Alternatively, you can search our website below:

Call Us

0818 000 208 during opening hours.

Standard call rates apply. Mobile costs may vary.

Get a Call Back

During opening hours request a call back by entering your telephone number below.
An operator will call you as soon as they become available.

Send an email to or use the form below.

It helps if you tell us your registration or reference number if you have one.
During opening hours we'll usually respond within two hours.

Chat with us online now.

Online chat is compatible with most desktop and tablet computers, and may be available outside of our usual opening hours.