What if I don't have my Vehicle Registration Certificate?

You need your Vehicle Registration Certificate (called "Vehicle Licensing Certificate" if issued before May 2004) to be able to scrap your car.

Don't worry if you haven't got one, you can get a replacement by filling in form RF134 and taking it to a Garda station to be signed. You then simply need to send it to your local Motor Tax Office.

Download form RF134 to get a replacement Vehicle Registration Certificate from the Government website 

Download a list of Motor Tax Offices from the Government website