How do I reclaim my unused Motor Tax?

If there’s a minimum of three complete months of Motor Tax left on your car, you can get a refund for any complete months that remain.  

Applications for refunds of Motor Tax can be made to you local Motor Tax Office, using form RF120, which should be authorised at a Garda Station. You should send the form to your local Motor Tax Office, along with your Certificate of Destruction.

Download form RF120 and a list of Motor Tax Offices from the Government website

Visit the Department of Transport Motor Tax website for more information on tax refundsundefined